The Z4 M Coupe is a very special car, boasting big power and a special design -- along with a great driving experience. These shared their potent 330-horsepower 6-cylinder powerplant with the E46 M3, though the Z4 M Coupe was a smaller and sportier car than the E46, leading to a more engaging driving experience. These cars are also exceptionally rare, especially in gorgeous Interlagos Blue like this example. In addition to the color, some nice benefits here include few modifications, good equipment, and some good recent servicing.
THIS… is a 2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe, finished in Interlagos Blue Metallic with a black leather interior.
- This Z4 is equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission.
- Factory equipment on this Z4 M Coupe includes 18-inch Style 224 alloy wheels, xenon headlights, heated and power-adjustable sport seats, and more as detailed below.
- Modifications reported by the seller are limited to black kidney grilles and a stubby antenna.
- Based on the E86-generation Z4, the M Coupe made its debut for the 2006 model year with a powerful engine from the E46 M3, chassis modifications, and visual tweaks that set it apart from the standard model. BMW sold 1,815 units of the Z4 M in the United States between 2006 and 2008, according to the BMW M Registry and the Z4 M Coupe Buyer's Guide. It's much rarer than the "E85"-based Z4 M Roadster, of which 3,041 were produced for the North American market.
- Power comes from an "S54" 3.2-liter inline-6, which produces 330 horsepower and 262 lb-ft of torque. The engine spins the rear wheels via a 6-speed manual transmission.
A build sheet is provided in the photo gallery, and a partial list of notable equipment includes:
- 18-inch Style 224 alloy wheels
- Heated and power-adjustable sport seats
- Carbon leather interior trim
- M sport steering wheel
- Logic7 sound system with CD changer
- Black kidney grilles
- Stubby antenna
- Tow hook front license plate mount
- The attached Carfax report indicates a collision resulting in "minor damage" occurred in August 2015. The seller states that a truck backed into the car while it was parked, and further reports that the passenger headlight and front bumper were replaced.
- Minor trunk-lid rust (pictured in the photo gallery)
- Rock chips and scratches on front bumper
- Rock chips on front hood
- Scratches on rear bumper
- Faded M badge on trunk
- Cracked molding around windshield
- Scratches on windshield
- Scratches and missing M logos on wheels
- Wear on driver's door card and seat
Recent Service History
Service documentation in the photo gallery indicates that the following maintenance items have been performed:
- April 2021 (127,986 miles): Replaced left front door actuator, maintenance inspection completed, center console lid replaced, parking light bulbs replaced
- June 2019 (122,734 miles): Two tires mounted and balanced
- May 2018 (113,000 miles): Battery replaced, front left and right brake discs replaced, brake pad sensor replaced, brake fluid flush
- November 2017 (108,456 miles): Oil and filter changed
The seller reports that the following additional maintenance has been performed in 2018, but no service documentation is available:
- Rear brake rotors and pads replaced
Other Items Included in Sale
- 2 keys (One doesn't have a functional battery)
- Owner's manual
The seller acquired this M Coupe in October 2011 and has added roughly 80,000 miles since.
- The seller notes that he was parked at a campsite and a pickup truck backed into the vehicle. Insurance replaced one headlight and the front bumper; one front quarter panel he believes was repainted at that time. Photos of the damage can be provided upon request.
- The seller will include a set of winter wheels and tires to the winning bidder for an additional cost, as agreed to by both parties. Please contact the seller directly for more information.