The last M Coupe model, last M with a N/A straight six, and last model to have the legendary S54 engine. 330 hp, 265 ft-lbs torque, 8200 RPM, 6sp manual. One of the stiffest chassis and shortest wheelbase cars ever made by BMW. Highly successful in motorsport and an amazing road car (see Top Gear and other reviews).
This car is one of:
- 1815 E86 M Coupes made for the US market (built in Tennessee)
- 367 with no nav system (the nav unit seriously dates the car)
- 95 no nav + Black on Black + Carbon Trim
Purchased in 2010 as a lease return with 34k mi, and I have since put on another ~34k. Never commuted regularly, nearly all highway/weekend miles and 6 track events. Garaged in the SF Bay Area through 2021, has been under a cover in Dana Point since (cover included with sale).
Well maintained. BMW specialists for powertrain, motorsport specialists for suspension. All else has been self maintained (I’m a vehicle engineer, have all the proper tools and torque wrenches, replace bolts, use threadlocker etc etc). Maintenance log and records of major work will be included with sale.
Non-stock items (all reversible, stock parts included with sale)
- KW V3 2-way adjustable coilovers - 0.5” lower ride height, corner balanced for 170lb driver with stock seat. Rides better than stock in *all* conditions.
- GROM bluetooth stereo add-on - integrated with stock stereo and wheel controls, invisible install.
- ZHP weighted shift knob
- Leather wrapped door pulls
- Paint-matched vinyl over the “clown paint” corner reflectors
- Shorty antenna
- Speed bleeders (life changing)
- New Hawk HP+ pads and Falken Azenis RT660 tires (1300 mi, no track use) - perfect for mixed street and track use.
Interior is in excellent condition - moderate wear on the wheel, some scratches on high-touch plastics. Seats have some wear but have been regularly conditioned and are crack free. Exterior is in good condition - scuffs on the front lip, assortment of small paint chips and defects, dent free. Excellent mechanical condition, zero issues. TPMS batteries are in need of replacement (best to wait for new tires).
Still hard to get rid of after 12 years, but I can’t just have one sports car all my life - it's past time to try something new. Asking $34k, or trade involving your 3.2 Carrera Coupe… :)